[vip_students] Freeing up disc space in outlook express

  • From: "Petrina Finn" <petrinafinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 14:09:26 +0100

Hi all,

Whenever I close down Outlook, a dialogue box comes up saying "To free up disc
space do you want to compact your messages" A "Yes" and "No" option are given.
The yes is by default.

Now I have found in the past that if I do compact them sometimes I miss a
message. So I always press "no". My problem is that I am worried that one day I
will press the yes button by an accident without realising. Is there anyway I
can stop this dialogue box coming up again. There is no option on the dialogue
box to say "Don't show me this again"

Also I have got into the habit of deleting any unwanted emails permanently and
I don't think I have that many emails hanging around.

Anyway I would be grateful for any help to stop this dialogue box appearing.

All the best
Petrina