[vip_students] Creating folders and sub folders!

  • From: "Lists" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 16:30:48 +0100

Hi all,

Well its nice to see the list so busy with questions, tips and all. I
thought I would write in a couple of items for your notes so hope you enjoy.
This lesson we will find out about crating a folder and adding in sub
folders to it. This might be useful if you are doing studies which are in
modules etc and you wish to have your work laid out in a planned structure.

Lets look at
1. Creating a folder called "Module1"

2. Adding sub folders inside of module 1 and calling them module2, module3,
module4 etc"

Note: you can call your folder and sub folders anything you like.

(Lets Begin)

We will start with the main folder called "Module1".

1. While in the main "my documents folder".

Step 1. Press "alt plus F" to open the file menu.

Step 2. On the first option which is "new" press the right arrow till you
hear it say "folder" and press the enter key.

Step 3. Give the new folder a name, we will just call it "module1" and then
press the enter key.

Note: at this point you have just created the main folder. Inside this new
folder we will add sub folders.

(lets begin)

Step1. Press the enter key on the folder called "Module1".

Step2. Press keys left alt + letter F" to open the file menu.

Step3. Press the "right arrow" on  New and wait, you should then hear it say
"folder", now press the enter key at this point.

Step4. Give this new folder a name, call it "module2" or whatever you wish
and press enter key.

Note:At this point you have just created a sub folder called module 2.
Please now hold down the left control key and press the spacebar once" to
unselect the new folder. There is a reason for doing this action but its not
important for you to know at this point.

(Lets create another sub folder)

Note: Remember we have just created the first sub folder so we want to
create a second and perhaps third one if you so desire.

Step1. From where you are press keys "alt + letter f" to open the file menu.

Step2. Press the "right arrow" on the new option of the menu till you hear
it say "folder".

Step3. Press the enter key and then give the new sub folder a name, we will
call it here"module2" now press the enter key once more to complete the new
folder.

Note: if you wish to make any more folders follow the steps above to do this
and you can crate as many as you like.