[vip_committees] A link to download the student scholarship application for the PCB convention

  • From: "Susan Frazier" <frazier.tech@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_committees@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 00:06:29 -0400

Hello, I sent a note out about this earlier, but I forgot and sent it from our
chapter email address. So here it is again with a dropbox link to download the
application. This will make it easier to give the information out. Here is the
link first and then the note I sent out earlier.

Hello, Here is a dropbox link to use to download the information Mike Gravitt
provided for the convention scholarship application for students. I will leave
it in my dropbox until the deadline. That will make it easier to distribute.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4884842/PCB%20convention%20scholarship%20document.rtf
I made it an RTF document so everyone could  access it.
Thanks.

Hello, As a member of the PCB membership committee,  I was just asked to serve
on the PCB scholarship committee to give students who want to attend the PCB
convention some help with costs. If you know any students or any schools where
you could give this to the disabled student services, would you please help get
this out? I am going to try to get it to the Penn State DuBois campus and
Clarion University. I also sent it to a vocational counselor I have contact
information for in the Erie office of BBVS. We want to try to attract new
members, and this year, the membership committee is focusing on students. Thank
you, if you can help. There will be 4 people on the selection committee, two
from the PCB board and two from the membership committee.  Following is the
information Mike Gravitt sent out.
Susan Frazier

Thanks
Susan Frazier
Vice President Hank Bloomberg Chapter of PCB

Hello PCB,

Please feel free to share the below opportunity with any Pennsylvania students
that you feel may be interested.  Please kindly drop me a note at
mgravitt2@xxxxxxxxxxx to let me know anyone who you share this with.  I am
attempting to track who receives the information.

If you know of any professionals that work with blind or visually impaired
students, please also ask them to share this information.

Thank you.

*****

SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR BLIND STUDENTS TO ATTEND THE PCB CONVENTION!

Are you needing a break from your studies?

Would you like to make new friends and expand your network?

If you are looking to further develop your leadership skills, read on!

Consider joining us at the state convention of the Pennsylvania Council of the
Blind in Pittsburgh October 22-24, 2010. Our convention will be held at the
Radisson Hotel Pittsburgh located at 101 Radisson Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15205.
The agenda is packed full of interesting workshops and meetings. They include:

* Employment seminar.

* Dating and relationships workshop.

* Low vision panel discussion.

* Banquet and Live Auction.

* Exhibits of technology and services.

* Opportunities to make friends and network.

The members of PCB welcome your involvement! Some scholarships are available to
cover travel, hotel, meal, and convention costs. Please fill out and return the
application below.

For more information, please contact Mike Gravitt at mgravitt2@xxxxxxxxxxx or
by calling him at 412-725-9634. Also, visit PCB's convention website at
http://www.pcb1.org/convention/con-index.html.

*****

Student Scholarship Application

2010 PCB Convention

October 22 - 24, Pittsburgh, PA

In order to be considered for a scholarship to attend the upcoming PCB
Convention in Pittsburgh, please answer the following questions.  Please return
your answers by Friday, September 24, to Mike Gravitt via e-mail to
mgravitt2@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Please provide the following contact information:

Full Name:

Mailing Address:

E-Mail Address:

Home Phone Number:

Cell Phone Number:

Other Phone Number:

Please answer the following questions:

1. What is your date of birth?

2. Are you male or female?

3. What school are you currently attending?

4. What level of education are you currently working to achieve (high school,
Bachelor's, Master's, etc.)?

5. How did you hear about this scholarship?

6. Have you ever been involved with the Pennsylvania Council of the Blind, or
any other affiliates or chapters of the American Council of the Blind?  If so,
please provide details of such involvement.

7. In 100 words or less, describe why you wish to attend the PCB convention.

8. With what extracurricular activities are you or have you been  involved?

9. Would you like to be involved with helping to reactivate the Pennsylvania
Alliance of blind Students, and organize other students throughout the
Commonwealth?

10. If chosen for a scholarship, are you able to assist in paying for any of
your own expenses?  Please provide examples of what you could afford
(transportation, registration, meals, hotel, etc.).

PLEASE NOTE: Students provided with this scholarship will be expected to have a
roommate during convention, which PCB will work with you to provide.  If you
choose to bring someone with you to the convention, that person is expected to
pay for their own expenses, including his or her half of the hotel room.  Also,
please understand that this scholarship is not an academic scholarship, and
financial assistance is solely for purposes of convention attendance.

To learn more about the Pennsylvania Council of the Blind, please see the
attached brochure, or visit http://www.pcb1.org.