[vietnameseblindtechinfo] Fw: BlindNews: Digital Books for Visually Impaired Persons: New Bloglaunched

  • From: "Vy Pham" <thaovyngu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vietnamese blind technology" <vietnameseblindtechinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 16:43:06 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Leon Gilbert" <BlindNews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 12:18 PM
Subject: BlindNews: Digital Books for Visually Impaired Persons: New Bloglaunched

Digital Books for Visually Impaired Persons (Blog)
Monday, November 07, 2005

Digital Books for Visually Impaired Persons: New Blog launched

By Shrikant

Hi! I am starting this blog with a view to collect and disseminate information, views, adeas and approaches on making reading material available to the visually impaired community. There are technologies, and standards such as DTB and DAISY in place and the amount of content that is transformed to these technologies is increasing. However as a proportion, the percent of content available in accessible formats is abysmally small.

One of the hurdles faced in growing this percent is a high cost of transformation of the content to accessible formats. Ideas, information on technologies that can help and approaches to help increase the content availability are welcome.

In my future posts I will talk about some of the other challenges faced in this endeavor.

about Digital Books for Visually Impaired Persons

The focus of this blog is on exploring, aggregating information on the technology, approaches and solutions available to improve the availability of content to the visually impaired community.

http://shrikantdtb.blogspot.com/2005/11/digital-books-for-visually-impaired.html

-- BlindNews mailing list

Archived at: http://GeoffAndWen.com/blind/

Address message to list by sending mail to: BlindNews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx