[vietnameseblindtechinfo] Fw: BlindNews: Cepstral Voices Key to Universal Learning Device FromPremier Assistive Technology

  • From: "Vy Pham" <thaovyngu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vietnamese blind technology" <vietnameseblindtechinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 16:40:43 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Leon Gilbert" <BlindNews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 11:31 AM
Subject: BlindNews: Cepstral Voices Key to Universal Learning Device FromPremier Assistive Technology

Market Wire (Press Release)
Monday, November 07, 2005

Cepstral Voices Key to Universal Learning Device From Premier Assistive Technology

JOLIET, IL and PITTSBURGH, PA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 11/07/2005 -- Premier Assistive Technology released a universal learning device based on MP3 hardware. The device, called The Key to AccessT, is a breakthrough for individuals with print-related disabilities. It allows them to carry a 2-inch device which can be plugged into any computer's USB port and provide instant access to speech enabled "talking" software.

The product makes any computer or laptop accessible to any vision or print-impaired person at a fraction of the price or complexity of outfitting a dedicated machine. The idea will particularly benefit schools and organizations that currently set aside specially equipped machines for individuals with reading challenges. The Key to Access device will allow special needs users to work alongside their peers or colleagues on any machine. "It is a brilliant device that I take wherever I go. The Key to Access truly represents universal design for learning," said customer Tricia Dwyer-Kuntz from the Durham Catholic District School Board.

Under the terms of the agreement, Premier Assistive Technology will pre-load Cepstral's Text-to-Speech (TTS) engine and voices onto each Key to AccessT device giving it the ability to speak textual information aloud. "We are pleased to work with Cepstral. The relationship is a natural fit; we are focused on information accessibility and Cepstral specializes in high-quality Text-to-Speech voices," says Premier Assistive Chairman and Co-Founder Steve Timmer.

Cepstral's synthetic TTS voices provide the audio interface for 8 different Premier software applications including Premier's Universal Reader Plus, Talking Word Processor, Scan and Read Pro, Text to Audio, PDF Magic, EText Reader, Ultimate Talking Dictionary and Talking Calculator. "Premier has engineered a great set of products, making them effective and easy-to-use anywhere. Cepstral is proud to provide high quality Text-to-Speech voices for these ground-breaking innovations and devices," said Kevin Lenzo, President and CEO of Cepstral.

About Premier Assistive Technology

Premier Assistive Technology is a leading developer of innovative assistive technology tools for everyone. Premier's comprehensive portfolio of software is specifically engineered to help individuals with reading and writing and their applications are well-suited for use in schools, at home and in business. Visit their website at www.readingmadeeasy.com.

About Cepstral LLC

Cepstral is a speech technology company which provides speech technologies and services for the spoken delivery of information. Cepstral builds high quality, natural sounding voices for server, desktop, and hand-held applications. Cepstral also provides professional services to customize and tune voices. Cepstral: We Build VoicesT.

Contact:
Craig Campbell
Cepstral, LLC
412/432-0400 Ext. 604