[vicsireland] Re: selecting specific text to copy from web page

  • From: "Tim Culhane" <tim.culhane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 08:10:54 +0100

Hi,

You can control the way jaws copies text from  the virtual buffer by going
to the adjust jaws options (jawskey + v)  while in a html document.  Move
to  the virtual cursor   section (should be the first  one in the list),
and  the   first option  in here  allows you to choose how text is  selected
and copied from a html document.  I've pasted in the context help for this
option, as it appears in the dialogue.  Note these options are only
available in Jaws 9.0.

This option controls whether or not JAWS will use the Text Selection and
Copy Commands from the Web browser, e-mail software, or other owner of a
virtual document.
With the "From Virtual Cursor" setting, text is copied as plain text without
formatting, pictures, and HTML attributes.
With the "Full Content" setting, the selection is highlighted when the user
presses CTRL + C to copy, and the selection will include all formatting
provided by the application as if it was selected with the Mouse.
With the "Full Content Using Onscreen Highlight" setting, the text and
elements you select are highlighted onscreen as you press selection keys
from the keyboard just as it would in programs like Word Processors. The
content is then copied with all formatting as in the prior option above.

Tim