[vicsireland] Re: research on audio CAPTCHA

  • From: "Claude Saulnier" <claude.saulnier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:31:13 +0100

Tx Declan

When you say "they don;t work at all", do you mean in terms or reducing spam
or in terms of accessibility?

The questions can be randomised and made more complex for a computer to
answer. If for instance instead of having the question as '3 + 5' you had
the numbers written in plain english, ie T H R E E etc. It would work for
Jaws. From what I have seen of some of the bots, they are not that
intelligent. I am not saying they may not become more intelligent, but if we
can reduce form spam from say 100% to 10%, and be accessible without complex
processes, that would be a good achievement.

It would be very easy to randomise the questions so the computer would not
know which it is getting.

Claude