[vicsireland] Problem coming to the Vics Day on Saturday!

  • From: Sandy Tomkins <sandratomkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vicsireland <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 17:51:15 +0000

Hi all and especially Tim,

    I know I am going to sound like such a wimp! But we just got in
from college and if I say we nearly had to swim some of the walk
through Cork, I wouldn’t really be exaggerating! Then driving from
Tipp town, we hit a pothole and jarred the car in such a manner that
we will have to get it checked for tracking etc.  Where I am leading
to with all this prevarication is: noting that many of the roads
between here and Galway are closed, trainlines down and conditions
treaturous, I think I will not be able to convince Hugh to drive us up
there for Saturday. Now, this wouldn’t matter, but I am scheduled to
present the Kapten and was looking forward to doing so, but, even if
the weather is a little better tomorrow, I think I may still be stuck
what with the car needing to be sorted.

    I am so sorry to drop out at such short notice, and, if you wanted
to use a Skype connection, I could do something that way perhaps?

    The Soggy Bottomed Boys! (Sandy and Chad)