[vicsireland] Re: MS word using JAWS

  • From: "Cearbhall O'Meadhra " <cearbhall.omeadhra@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 16:45:32 -0000

Mark,

Here is the same document with the Word Viewer option to view "spaces"
turned off:

---------------------------------
File Edit View Tools Window Help
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

 Edition 1 / January 2002
2
1
Table 5 - Factors to consider in clauses on the user interface
1
This is the area in which attention to factors can have most impact on
usability by a wide range of users.
Factors to consider  9.2 Sensory abilities  9.3 Physical abilities  9.4
Cognitive abilities 2
in standards clauses  Taste/  Manipu- Intellect/  Language/ on user
interface  Seeing  Hearing  Touch  Balance  Dexterity  Movement  Strength
Voice smell
 lation  memory  literacy  f(handling, controls 3 9.2.1   9.2.2   9.2.3
9.2.5   9.3.1   9.3.3   9.3.4   9.3.5  9.2.4  9.3.2  9.4.2/3  9.4.4  rand
feedback)

X  X  X  X    X    X  X  X  X  X

Frankly, this page is unintelligible. It is possible to work it out by
viewing it in MS Word and using the table reading commands. I think that one
could be misled by relying on the Word Viewer with JAWS.

All the best,

Cearbhall
Meeting the Leadership Challenge

T:(01) 2864623 M: 083 33 234 87 E: cearbhall.omeadhra@xxxxxxx