[vicsireland] Re: 4FM

  • From: "Tony Sweeney" <tonysweeney1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vicsireland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 14:38:06 -0000

Hi Tony,

Somebody has pointed out to me off list that there is RTE Gold for "oldies"
music!

It is one of the digital radio stations which can be picked up on the internet
or listening to your digital radio certainly in Dublin!

I have one for under 30 pounds sterling!!

The station I speak of though is now called Gold which was formerly called
Capital Gold!

They are based in London playing the sounds of the sixties!

You can find them on digital (TV) & online.

Definitely need for community-based stations too!

Listened to Liffey Sound (which is also online) the other day to a programme on
bogs!!

Never thought that  such a topic could be so interesting & informative & indeed
alive!!

Cheers

Tony