[vibugannounce] Update for Tomorrow's VIBUG Meeting

  • From: "Jerry Berrier" <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vibugannounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 04:56:44 -0400

Hi all,

At approximately 2:00 PM tomorrow, we will have a group of speakers from MIT
who are testing a potential product for folks who have some usable vision.
Please bring along any of your low-vision friend who may be interested.

Here's a quote from the group:

"The process we will be testing is a mock-up of how we imagine a fully
formed product would work in reality. It is a model, or a virtual reality
version

of something that could work in the real world to help you explore new
environments

The test on Saturday will consist of viewing four images on a phone attached
to a headset and responding to a series of questions. Each image will be a

360-degree view of a location somewhere in Cambridge, MA. For each image,
you will be asked to examine the surroundings and identify a specific set of

landmarks. You will be given a headset on which you can view the image, and
you will be able to view the scene by panning your head to be able to see
the

full 360-degree image we have captured for the purposes of this test. You
should not zoom the image or have to interact with the phone in any way.

We will ask you to sit on a rolling chair so you can comfortably examine a
full 360 degree image.

If the headset is uncomfortable to wear or limits your ability to use the
app, we will ask you to complete the tests by holding the smartphone and
moving

the smartphone around to see the image of the location.

You will be given the opportunity to learn to use the device using a sample
image we will load onto the phone before the tests begin."

(end)

During the remaining time tomorrow, we will discuss accessibility and social
media. I will discuss Facebook in the Windows environment, and I will
invite anyone present to give a quick demo of their favorite social media
app.

Thanks. Looking forward to our meeting tomorrow at 1:00.

Jerry Berrier

President, VIBUG

http://www.vibug.org