[vi-kindle] Re: getting files onto the kindle

  • From: <hawthorne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Nan Hawthorne <hawthorne%nanhawthorne.com>)
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 10:38:47 -0700

Look for a free app called Calibre. With it you can convert a .mobi file into a .doc. You can actually send .doc files to your Kindle by email.

Now hopefully someone else will post about the .mobi format. I actually don't know much of anuthing about it.

Where do you publish your reviews?

I hope you are far from the Wild

Nan Hawthorne, Historical Novelist
www.nanhawthorne.com

IndieBRAG Medallion Honoree for AN INVOLUNTARY KING: A TALE OF ANGLO SAXON
ENGLAND
http://www.bragmedallion.com/medallion-honorees/2012/an-involuntary-king-a-tale-of-anglo-saxon-england

"If we are to become friends I must laugh the way I really do."
  Gabbo de la Parra

On 7/3/2012 12:59 PM, Sherry Gomes wrote:
Hello everyone,

I've only been on this list for a couple weeks. So, first, I'm sherry,
living in Colorado currently. I have the accessible kindle pc app and a
kindle keyboard. I've recently been given several ARC's, advanced reader
copies, of some books. They are in the .moby format, which if I understand
correctly, this means I can read them on my kindle. But I'm not sure how to
get them there. Since they aren't being downloaded directly to my kindle. I
figure I'll need to connect the kindle to my laptop, but from there, what do
I do to get the files onto the kindle so I can read them.

Thanks.

Sherry

Those who go on to be writers,
Are those who can forgive themselves the horror of the first draft!

http://www.doteasy.com