(VICT) new chair and Clyde

  • From: "Ridge Euler" <ridge_e@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 08:16:27 -0600

hello all I got my new power chair a week ago.  it is a lot easier then my
manual one.  Clyde and I took a couple of days to get used to it but now we are
doing great he heels next to me.  knows to wait for me to go through doors
first so I don't run him over.  it has a seat that swivels and it reclines
which is good for my back.  the only thing is it doesn't go through the snow
very well.  if I can get across the street then the sidewalk is plowed so we
can get around the block.  Clyde is coming along really well I still am not
going to put him in a guide harness yet.  I want him to get really good at
everything before I do that.  he has now been putting his harness on without a
problem.  thanks for all the tips.  we weren't able to go to class last night
because of my back no one could give us a ride and I had to use one of my
chairs last night.  we only missed how to teach your dog to lay down and the
target stick.  we already know that stuff anyway.
Karyn,  I just wanted to say be careful with Shane's barking.  that is how
Buckley started.  that's why I wanted to get Clyde out in public as soon as I
got him to see any behavior problems right away.  the only place that Clyde
doesn't go with me is when I help my parents every other week for a couple
hours in the morning.  then he stays in his crate or goes to day care.  I have
only had one time had a problem when this guy sounded angry with him and was
stamping his feet at him.  he was doing and saying things like he was going to
kiss him but it was the way he said it that scared Clyde.  I have been clicking
and treating Clyde when we are around him now.  and he even gives Clyde treats.
 so that is working out better.

Ridge and Clyde SDiT