(VICT) Re: thank you Ann

  • From: "Ann Edie" <annedie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 14:40:47 -0500

Hi, Rox,

Thanks so much for the click!  As for treats, hearing from you is always one
of my favorites!  And in the food treat catagory, I prefer the horses'
carrots, apples, and pepermints to the doggie treats!  That's just one more
benefit of working with a little horse partner--we can share our goodies.
Of course, I'm sure the dogs would like to share most of the things that
their humans eat, too, but that desire is not usually reciprocated by the
humans.

I know what you mean about the attitudes and training solutions offered on
some of the other guide dog lists.  It can get pretty discouraging listening
to how they think about and behave toward the beings who they claim to be
their devoted partners.  That's why this group is so important and precious!
It is a place where we can grow in our clicker training perspective and
methodology, without having to defend the use of positive reinforcement,
including food, and where we don't have to justify our decision not to use
punishment or "correction" as a training tool.

I hope you and your family, and all the doggie girls and boy, have a
wonderful and prosperous New Year, 2008!

Ann