(VICT) Re: Plling or not pulling

  • From: "Kolby Garrison" <kolbygarrison@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 03:37:05 -0500

Christy,
I have found that the best way to hold the harness is to very gently curl
the 4 fingers of your left hand around the handle so that it can easily move
within your curled fingers, and place your thumb against the side of your
index finger. This way you are not gripping the harness, and you will be
able to read everything that Mickey is doing. This may help with your
pulling back on the handle as well. I did the same thing at first, and it
affected how Sunny communicated with me. I was not able to follow her, or
tell the subtle things that she was trying so hard to let me know about. My
trainer showed me the new way of holding her harness and I have been using
it ever since. It made a world of difference in the way that Sunny and I
communicate with each other.
Kolby