(VICT) Re: Hope it works

  • From: Jill Gross <jgross@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Blind Clicker <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 02:08:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Brenda, welcome to the list. I have done lots of conventional training
in m lifetime and have, at times, made money doing it. I am relatively new
to clicker training in a formal sense, but I have been a fan of positive
training for a long time. I have never trained my own guide, but I am
thinking strongly about doing it. I live and work in Philly. Where are you
located?

You asked some very good questions. I also wonder if most folks have
raised their self-trained guides since puppyhood. I would think it would
be ideal. Having owned many dogs over the years, I have found that the
bond
with a dog I have raised is extraordinarily intense. I love my dogs that I
have rescued as adults, but the bond with the ones I raised from a very
young age is just so special.

Jill