(VICT) Hope it works

  • From: "Brenda-Ann Gillis" <hc89x48@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Blind Clicker" <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:20:52 -0400

Greetings to All,

I have recently joined this list and have been reading with interest.  Hope
this post is going out correctly as it is my first to the group.

In way of introduction, my name is Brenda and I am presently working Ivy.
Ivy is an eleven year-old black lab from TSE and the joy/love of my life.
She is my second dog and has flawlessly kept me safe since 1999.  We were a
very busy team until moving to Pennsylvania in 2004.  We are blessed to be
friends with and close to our loving puppy raiser who is well versed in
clicker training and the reason for me joining this list.

Presently, I have begun cross-over training Ivy with the clicker.  My
objective is to provide her with a new and special role with me in an effort
to smooth the transition into retirement.  As we continue in this vein,
thoughtful consideration of raising and training my next partner myself is
my primary area of interest.

What the inquiring mind wants to know:

How many of you are blind and working the guide you personally trained?

What do you see the pros and cons to be?

Of those who have trained your own guides, did you raise them from pups or
select older dogs for training?

Are any of you in the Northeastern PA area?

I loved the post on training traffic and hope to learn more about the
choices you have all made and why.

Sincerely,
Brenda & Ivy