(VICT) Re: Barefoot Horses; was: escallator travel

  • From: Infinitepaws@xxxxxxx
  • To: vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 23:16:08 EDT

In a message dated 7/28/2007 8:32:31 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
annedie@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Do you
trim your own horse's feet?

I used to but dont anymore..Harlee has enough arthritis that she  tends to
create a fuss..understatement..and I dont think I can keep my eyes open  enough
to do a level job..plus my back kills me when I used to do it myself..  Those
farriers are worth every cent.. I have a farrier who will do  half-trims so
that she only has to have 2 feet done each time.. easier on  her..She is
basically retired now, especially since I am not comfortable riding  her by
myself
and I lost my gelding a couple yrs ago..lets just say she isnt a  beginners
horse.. laughing maniacally...

Sandy  Foushee
Infinite Paws-Abilities Training and Service Dogs
Teamed with  Alexandra Guide/Service Dog
Adopt a Great Dog, adopt a Great Dane!- Colorado  Great Dane Rescue, Inc