(VICT) New member and I clicker

  • From: "AnnaLisa Anderson" <annalisa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 18:46:18 -0500

Hi All,

I joined the list about a week ago and I'm enjoying it so far.  I have found
it very helpful and informative.  I am just getting started with clicker
training myself, so it's great to have this resource and a place to bounce
ideas around. <smile>

My name is AnnaLisa and I am working with my second Leader Dog.  Her name is
Sundance, and she is a particularly gorgeous golden retriever, who is 4
years old.  Sunny has taken to clicker training very well so far, so it
encourages me to keep going.  But of course I have lots of questions, so
I'll probably be posting on here quite often. <smile>

Dar, I just wanted to say that I think I have the I clicker, and it really
isn't that loud.  And it's very easy to work with., It fits very well in
your hand and you can just press it on anything to easily get a click out of
it.  I have mine on one of those wrist reel key chain things that keeps the
clicker very handy.  I haven't quite figured out which hand is going to work
best yet...  Sometimes I find it easier to use the right hand, unless I'm
carrying something.  But I'm finding it almost impossible to get the timing
right with the left hand, with having to manage the harness and leash--and
the clicker--all at the same time.  It just seems a bit much.

I am also thinking of buying that clickstick somebody mentioned, as I think
that would make it easier to teach Sunny exactly what I mean when I ask her
to find an empty chair or an elevator button.  She's got the targeting the
hand down cold though, so that's a good start.

Thanks to Melinda and Smokey for recommending this list.

AnnaLisa and Sundance

PM