(VICT) Met is Back!

  • From: metnme2 <metnme2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Vi-Clicker <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 12:28:54 -0800 (PST)

Today Met and I headed to Safeway to pick up my film
from the holidays. We used his new nifty boots from
Ruffwear to walk the shortcut which was as easy as a
sidewalk for Met with his boots and then took the long
way home. We barely beat the rain home- but Met wanted
to really walk so I gave in on the distance aspect.
Anyway, to walk the longway home we do have to
Jay-walk in one place but Met is really good about his
traffic checks so we do it. Smile
Anyway it seemed like Met was heading us across sooner
than normal. I told him *forward* instead so he would
not climb off the curb but he insisted. I don't know
what all was going on up ahead but Met was sure we
needed to cross there. We got across only to find out
those idiots building God Knows What still have not
fixed the sidewalk that they ruined. In fact they have
made it worse. All by himself Met had me go up the
sidewalk into the lot just a pinch and then make a
hard left back towards the sidewalk because in doing
that it was a smoother transition for me. I was
totally floored by this. I have never practiced such
unique guiding with him ever but he knew this area was
tricky and decided to circumvent a large part of the
problem. I am so proud of him!
Only a week ago his guidework was getting so sloppy
because of how he felt that I was beginning to
consider bringing my guide cane along as well- and
here he is doing such intricate work to make life
safer for me.
Way to go Met Ol' Boy!

Karyn and Met