[vi-android] Re: typing a text message

  • From: Quentin Christensen <quentin.christensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 20:21:41 +1000

This doesn't directly address your issue, but what about using a hardware keyboard? If you are typing for more than two minutes at a time, to be honest you would almost certainly be better with one (if I was typing for more than two minutes at a time, I would use one at any rate!).

If you don't want to carry around an extra thing but don't mind your phone being a bit fatter, you can get keyboard cases for most phones from ebay if nowhere else. I've always found them to be a bit small though so likely they would be difficult for more of the people who have difficulty with standard touch typing on an Android.

If you have an adaptor, you can actually plug any USB keyboard into your phone, so then you can have a proper full size keyboard, or you can get a 3/4 size bluetooth keyboard which is small enough to put in a bag.

Regards

Quentin.

On 29/05/2014 7:47 AM, Christopher-Mark Gilland wrote:
I so! wish that there was! a keyboard that would be accessible and would! let me double tap. I've asked about this time after time after time again, and I've never gotten a single response as to why this can't be, or hasn't been, made doable. I know a lot of people prefer the touch type method, but due to dexterity issues, I can! do it, but only barely, and after about 2 minutes, literally speaking of doing so, my hand and upper forearm hurts excrutiatingly! I know you move your wrist, not! your arm, especially not your upper bicept area, but with my dexterity issue, I can't very easily move my wrist without moving my arm as well. It's not a matter of jsut practice and don't do it. It's a matter I physically clinically can't do it any other way.

Chris.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lists" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>