[vi-android] resetting the galaxy S3

  • From: Glenn <glennervin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 00:29:17 -0500

Hi All,
I wonder if someone can try this, but don't go all the way.
I just need to know how many down arrows I need to do in steps 5 and 7.
I hooked it up to the TV, and it shows the screen, but when it is shut off,
and restarts, the TV only says "no signal".
So I need to do it by counting down arrows, from the below procedure:
Thanks much.  Glenn
 1Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S3.
  2Press and hold down the "Power" button, "Home" button, and the "Volume
 Up"
  button.
  3Wait for your phone to vibrate, then release only the "Power" button.
  4Wait for the Android System Recovery screen to appear, then release the
  "Home" and "Volume Up" keys.
  5Press the "Volume Down" button until the "Wipe data / factory reset"
option
  is highlighted.
  6Press the "Power" key to select the option.
  7Press the "Volume Down" button until "Delete all user data" is
highlighted.
  8Press the "Power" button once again to select the option. Your phone will
  then perform the reset process and display "Reboot system now" when
complete.
  9Press the "Power" key to select the reboot option and complete the master
  reset.