[vi-android] resetting the Galaxy S3

  • From: Glenn <glennervin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 11:15:07 -0500

Could someone here post this to another phone lists you may be on for me?
Thanks.

Hi,
I have a Galaxy S3 that I just bought used, the display does not work, but
it also seems that the touch screen isn't working either, but on boot-up,
the screen has some lights on it, and if I slide my finger around after it
boots, it makes some acknowledgment of the action.  This is promising,
perhaps resetting it will fix it.  I'm trying to get TalkBack going on it.
I plugged the phone into my TV, and my son said that there is a dialog box
that says "no sim card", but we cannot activate the okay button to get past
that box.
I am hoping that a full reset will work, but when I shut it off according to
the reset instructions, the TV says "no signal", even though the phone is
booting to the recovery screen.
So I'm going to have to do this without a screen.
I'm hoping that someone can follow the below procedure, but not all the way
through, only up to step 7, of course, and tell me how many down arrows in
steps 5 and 7  I need to do to do a full system recovery.
Thanks.
Glenn

 1Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S3.
  2Press and hold down the "Power" button, "Home" button, and the "Volume
 Up"  button.
  3Wait for your phone to vibrate, then release only the "Power" button.
  4Wait for the Android System Recovery screen to appear, then release the
"Home" and "Volume Up" keys.
  5Press the "Volume Down" button until the "Wipe data / factory reset"
option is highlighted.
  6Press the "Power" key to select the option.
  7Press the "Volume Down" button until "Delete all user data" is
highlighted.
  8Press the "Power" button once again to select the option. Your phone will
then perform the reset process and display "Reboot system now" when
complete.
  9Press the "Power" key to select the reboot option and complete the master
reset.