[vi-android] Re: no sim card message

  • From: Quentin Christensen <quentin.christensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 14:17:29 +1000

Hi Glen,

Yes you can use most aspects of the phone without a SIM card.  The
part which specifically won't work is making / receiving phone calls
and text messages (the SIM card is the chip which has your phone
number in it and also which telephone company you are with).

With no SIM card, the only way to access the internet will be via
WiFi.  When you aren't connected to the internet, you won't be able to
access anything online such as web sites, email or some apps.

Regards

Quentin.