[vi-android] Re: more newby stuff

  • From: "Dialup @ 56k" <dialup56k@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 15:38:58 +1000

The up to date status of some phones really depends on whether the carrier provides the updates released by google; some do, some don't.

At one end of the spectrum, the Nexus phones get every update automatically.
Some local carries don't bother.
You would need your phone to be running at least version 4.x of Android to get the best accessibility experience.
Glen Barwick

***

On 09-Jun-14 3:28 PM, Alex Stone wrote:
A Galaxy s3 tablet, and knowing the person I bought it from as I do, I
would guess that it's software probably hasn't been kept up to date.
Cheers
Alex
On 09/06/2014 06:26, katherine wrote:

What brand and model phone are you using?

On Jun 9, 2014 3:24 PM, "Alex Stone" <alex.stone@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:alex.stone@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Having tried Steve's suggestions, unfortunately I find that I
    don't have any accessibility item in my settings app. This leads
    me to suspect that I might be running some kind of antique 1950's
    version of Android, which put it's Talkback settings elsewhere.
    Anybody got any ideas?
    Cheers
    Alex