[vi-android] Re: messages being saved when I don't want them to be

  • From: Quentin Christensen <quentin.christensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 13:14:31 +1000

Hi Bill,

Which E-Mail app are you using?  Most of them will automatically save
messages you are writing every X minutes or seconds, or if you leave
the app they will save the message as well, and as long as they are
not dumped from memory, the message should still be where you left it
when you come back to the app.

If you ignore the notification can you just keep working on the
message?  If so, then maybe just do that and look to see if there is a
way of silencing those notifications.

Either way, you haven't sent lots of messages to the list!  If you
want to look where the messages are, 'saved' messages you are in the
middle of writing, should be in your 'drafts' folder.  Messages you
receive go into your inbox and only once you've sent a message does it
go into the sent items.  Getting a bit more advanced, depending on the
app, you may then also be able to create your own folders to sort your
mail and you can then create rules to automatically move messages to
those folders (eg all messages with [vi-android] in the subject to be
automatically moved to the "E-Mail lists" folder).

Regards

Quentin.