[vi-android] Re: good note app

  • From: Quentin Christensen <quentin.christensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 15:44:40 +1100

Hi George,

There are quite a few notetaking apps, it depends if there is anything specific you want to be able to do with it.

Personally I like Lemo Memo. It works with Talkback, can be set to reasonably large text, is free without needing internet permission, and has both straight notes, and lists (each point in a list is like a bullet point and when you're just viewing it, you can tap on individual bullet points to cross them out (the only annoyance is that when you double tap to check or uncheck a list item with talkback on, it does that but then the focus jumps to the top of the screen.

Re keyboards - I did a test recently and found that I could type about 60-something words per minute on a full size computer keyboard, I could get up to about 40wpm on a 3/4 size bluetooth keyboard, and I didn't try with Talkback, but as a sighted user I found the next best was mid-30wpm using slide / swipe modes. If using Talkback, and if you're able to touch type, I would definitely recommend using a bluetooth keyboard when you need to type more than a few words. You might like to try your own test (definitely worthwhile, particularly as your speed using the keyboard will affect your speed using a lot of things on your device) - All I did was use a timer (either a physical one or even the one built in to the clock / alarm app on your device), your favourite text editor (or email will work fine) and type out a set passage of text - mine was about 40 words long but as long as you are consistent in what you use and how you do it.

Regards

Quentin.

On 10/11/2013 6:55 AM, George Zavala wrote:

Greetings Everyone,

Can anyone recommend a good note taking app. I need to take notes on a daily basis and I want to use my tablet.

Would it be productive to use the on screen keyboard or a blue tooth keyboard?

Thank you,