[vi-android] Re: couple more questions about my new phone

  • From: "Dialup @ 56k" <dialup56k@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 14:15:12 +1000

Unless you plan to visit web sites you really shouldn't, IMO there's is no need for any virii / malware program. Re bar code readers, the installed camera app has a lot to do with how well these apps work.

hth
Glen Barwick

On 30-May-14 1:25 PM, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi All,
First of all, will I need to have some sort of virus or malware
protection on my phone since I will be online with it, and if so can I
use the same things I use on my computers which is malware bytes pro and
AVG?
I understand that there's at least one app that can be used as a bar
code reader, but if I want to identify a product do I need to take a
picture with the bar code facing the phone so the app can identify it or
does it not matter as long as the product I'm identifying is in the picture?
Thanks.
Troy