[vi-android] Re: accessible bible apps

  • From: Ayoola Stephen Efunkoya <ayokoya2009@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 21:34:16 +0100

Aaron and everyone,

I use the Holy Bible (RSV) by Solvus Lab. It can be found in the store
at
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.solvus_lab.android.BibleEN_rsv

Solvus Lab has other versions of the bible in English and other
languages, including the NIV in English.

Currently, I’m unable to get my phone to read all the verses, one
after the other; I always need to scroll from one verse to the next.
Will be glad if anyone else can try out the app and let me know what
their experience is.

Thank you.

On 1/17/14, Aaron <blindgeek1989@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I tried that, but it reads word by word very slow. It doesn’t have a lot of
> reading plans.
> Thanks,
> Aaron Linson
> BP Studios
> Being Confident in your ability, not your disability
>
> On Jan 16, 2014, at 9:57 PM, Quentin <quentin.christensen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi Aaron,
>>
>> I use "KJV Bible" by Timie, I like it because as well as being able to
>> look up specific verses you can also get a random verse, which is nice
>> sometimes.  It's the king James version:
>> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.timie.bibleapp
>>
>> The version I linked to is completely free and without ads or anything but
>> there is also a paid version of you like it and he has some other
>> scripture related apps.
>>
>> Another similar app I like us Taiźe Readings by  Webimpress :
>> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.webimpress.taizereadings
>>
>> It gives you the gospel reading of the day which corresponds to the
>> reading my Catholic Church in Australia uses at least. It works as a
>> regular app or widget.
>>
>> If you're after a different version of the bible or different features,
>> let us know - there are many bible apps so bound to be one you like which
>> is accessible too.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Quentin
>>
>> Sent with AquaMail for Android
>> http://www.aqua-mail.com
>>
>> On 17 January 2014 1:43:15 PM Aaron <blindgeek1989@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> hey guys,
>>> I’m looking for accessible bible apps for android. I tried you version
>>> unfortunately it’s not very accessible.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Aaron Linson
>>> BP Studios
>>> Being Confident in your ability, not your disability

Ayoola Stephen Efunkoya

Communications Professional, Broadcast journalist and Accessible Technology
Enthusiast/Trainer

M.A candidate
Department of Communication and Language Arts
University of Ibadan
Ibadan, Nigeria

MOBILE: +234-802-944-9441; +234-809-964-9514

e-Mail: ayokoya2009@xxxxxxxxx

SKYPE: ayoola.stephen.efunkoya

Check out my profile and connect with me:

 Ayoola Stephen Efunkoya on LinkedIn <http://ng.linkedin.com/in/ayokoya>

AyoKoya on Twitter <http://twitter.com/ayokoya>

Ayoola Stephen Efunkoya on Facebook <http://facebook.com/ayokoya>