[vi-android] Re: a few questions regarding running Facebook and twitter on my S4

  • From: Quentin <quentin.christensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 06:02:29 +1100

Hi Alexander,

The Gmail and play store apps are about the only ones which automatically use your Gmail address.

When you first run twitter or Facebook (or other clients for those, eg plume), they open a Web Page and get you to sign in once with whatever credentials you normally sign in with.

While they may then appear in the list of accounts in use on the device if you go to "settings" - "accounts", they aren't actually used for anything other than the apps you've specifically signed in using. Even if you install say a second twitter client, you will still need to log in to that manually again when you first use the new client.

To log in, you can copy and paste your user name or password from am email, file or other app yes. If it's a Microsoft Word file you will need an app on the phone which reads word files (actually I've never tried though there are a few around).

Regards

Quentin

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On 22 January 2014 2:36:26 AM "Alexander Shannon" <alexander.shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

I would like to be able to certainly access Facebook and maybe twitter on my
S4, however I have a few questions.

1.        If my Facebook and twitter accounts are linked to my BT Internet
e-mail address and my S4 is linked to my Gmail address, can I run twitter
and Facebook on my S4 without setting up new accounts?

2.       If the answer to question 1 above is yes, do I need to link my
Google and BT e-mail accounts together to get things to work properly?

3.       If I need to put my BT account on my phone for the above reason, am
I correct in thinking I can set things so that the phone doesn't pick up
e-mails sent to the BT address?

4.       Is there a way of electronically copying passwords from a word file
in to my S4 so that I don't have to type them in manually?

Thank you all in advance for your replies.

Alexander Shannon