[vi-android] Re: Is Aqua mail a provider or a client?

  • From: Quentin <quentin.christensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 07:59:40 +1100

Hi Alexander,

Aqua mail is just an email client, you can use it with any email address you like, just as you could in say windows live mail or outlook express on a PC.

You do need to use a Gmail account to access things like the Play store though. That is what any purchases are linked to (apps, Google books or music etc). You don't need to share that with anyone for using the Play store though you will get receipts emailed there for anything you buy from Google play and also if you leave a review for an app (and I encourage you to leave reviews for apps you use or try, the developer can reply to that now and it will appear with that app in the Play store and you'll get an email to advise.

If you'd rather not use your existing Gmail account, you can setup a new one. Whichever one you use for Google Play , it's with keeping for any Android devices you use now or in the future.

Kind regards

Quentin

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On 2 January 2014 3:03:16 AM "Alexander Shannon" <alexander.shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

I apologise for such an odd question, but the answer would be very helpful
to me for several reasons.

I currently have a Gmail account which I use for subscribing to lists run on
Google Groups and for managing one of these groups.  My issue is that I
don't really want to use my Gmail address for anything related to my Samsung
S4, so want to clarify things regarding Aqua mail.

Alexander Shannon