[vi-android] Re: From Twitter : Book player

  • From: Ayoola Stephen Efunkoya <ayokoya2009@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 04:51:24 +0100

I have installed the Android version of the app and found it quite
accessible. However, I haven't tried to access audiobooks already
stored on my SDCard. But then, I found it easy to browse the
audiobooks on the Ambling Books web site directly from the app.

Also, I too saw the two paid versions but I'm still not clear about
the difference.

And if my memory is serving me right, I wonder why the app has not
been updated since either 2012 or 2011? Could it be that there is
nothing important worth improving on?

Thank you.

On 5/25/14, Quentin <quentin.christensen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> One of the comments mentioned that it pauses every ten minutes so
> presumably that's the limitation in the free version.   There are two paid
> versions, one $5 and the other $8.50, it wasn't immediately obvious what
> the difference was
>
> Sent with AquaMail for Android
> http://www.aqua-mail.com
>

> On 25 May 2014 10:06:56 AM Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Really? I looked briefly at the Windows Lite version, and that is no more
>>
>> than a 5-minute demo. Sort of accessible by the looks, which is like being
>>
>> sort-of pregnant. It isn't smart enough to find the book details unless
>> you
>> type them in manually.
>>
>> Of course, the Android version may be sold on different terms.
>>
>> Vince.

>> Message Received: May 24 2014, 10:33 PM
>> From: "Quentin" To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Cc: Subject: [vi-android] From Twitter : Book player
>>
>> Morning folks,
>>
>> Saw this on Twitter and thought I'd share. I haven't tried the app yet and
>>
>> the article didn't explicitly say whether it is accessible or not.
>>
>> @blind_tech: #Android smartphone users can listen to books for free -
>> http://AmblingBookplayer.com
>>
>> Sent with AquaMail for Android
>> http://www.aqua-mail.com
>>

>> To post to the list, simply send email to vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.
>>
>> To unsubscribe from the list send an email to
>> vi-android-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field
>> (new users, use 'subscribe' to subscribe)
>>
>> To receive the list as a digest, send an email to
>> vi-android-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'set vi-android digest' in the
>> subject (to go back to receiving every message use 'unset vi-android
>> digest' in the subject).

Ayoola Stephen Efunkoya

Communications Professional, Broadcast journalist and Accessible Technology
Enthusiast/Trainer

M.A candidate
Department of Communication and Language Arts
University of Ibadan
Ibadan, Nigeria

MOBILE: +234-802-944-9441; +234-809-964-9514

e-Mail: ayokoya2009@xxxxxxxxx

SKYPE: ayoola.stephen.efunkoya

Check out my profile and connect with me:

 Ayoola Stephen Efunkoya on LinkedIn <http://ng.linkedin.com/in/ayokoya>

AyoKoya on Twitter <http://twitter.com/ayokoya>

Ayoola Stephen Efunkoya on Facebook <http://facebook.com/ayokoya>