[vi-android] A few questions about my soon to be, Moto X.

  • From: "Christopher gilland" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 01:04:34 -0500

So, I have a few questions. None of them really are big deals, but I just am curious.

First of all, I'm told this phone is gonna come preloaded with KitKat. This does mean when I first turn it on the first time, I should be able to get Talkback up and going with my two finger hold, right? I'm pretty sure that won't be an issue, but I just wanna be sure I'm correctly understanding that it'll work the same way it did on my Nexus 7 2013 tablet as far as that goes.

Nextly, does anyone know if this handset is running Moto Blur or any overlay crap? I've heard mixed answers on this. I've heard some say no, it's not running blur, but it is running a skin overlay, although it shouldn't get in the way of accessibility. Yet, I've heard others say, it does have some features not found in other handsets, however, as for the OS itself, it's stock Android. I know I've heard of blind people using the Moto X, and absolutely loving it, so I don't think it'll be an issue, as I said. I'm just wanting to check.

Nextly, does this phone have a micro SD card slot? The AT&T rep I spoke with said she wasn't completely sure, and the info she had wasn't exactly very clear on this. she said she didn't think it did, it was just the internal 16 gigs, and that was it.

I think the only real other question I have for now is, I'm not a big fan of the phone always listenning to me waiting to hear me say: "OK google Now!" So, if I don't want to invoke GN by voice activation, can the always listen feature which is implemented on the Moto X be shut off? If not, that'll be a major dealbreaker. Granted, that will be about the only dealbreaker at this time that I really can see.

Chris.