[va-richmond-general] Eastern Bluebird Hatch 3 April 2011-Varina, VA

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Richmond Birds <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 00:28:01 +0000 (UTC)

Checking boxes along our Bluebird Trail today I was happy to find one of our earliest hatches ever...4 little bluebird cuties. They appear to me to be about 2 days old. This box had 5 eggs, it looks like only 4 heads that I can count. Mom flew out of the box when I checked it. There is another box near our home I expect will hatch this week and many nests underway. Here's a photo of the brood. SPRING!

Julie Kacmarcik

Chester