[va-richmond-general] Re: BALD EAGLE at Bear Creek Lake SP, Cumberland County 11/26/08

  • From: "Michael Shapiro" <sc.tanager@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Richmond listserv" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 23:29:28 -0500

I believe a posted a few times this summer about a swamp I discovered out in
Maidens in Goochland County near the JCC's summer camp? Amway, I went out there
a few weekends ago and saw an adult Bald Eagle in the swamp. I tried to get
some pictures, but by the time I ID'd him and got the camera out, he was
already quite a distance away. First one I've ever seen out there, though I
vaguely remember hearing what I thought might have been one this summer at camp.

Michael Shapiro