[va-richmond-general] Re: winter flock observation

  • From: "Al & Linda Warfield" <warfield101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thebuttons@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Richmond Audubon Listserv" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 16:46:52 -0500

Leanna,

We have seen that happening frequently in the winter months. The creepers have
their own agenda though - they go from the top of one tree to the bottom of the
next and up top again, staying on the main trunk usually. The nuthatches,
titmice and chicadees jump from trees to feeders (both seed and suet) to trees
and all over the place, and are not bashful. They especially like little
up-facing holes in trees that hold water. But all of these birds may be in the
same general area at the same time. Sometimes Eastern Bluebirds and
Downy/Red-bellied Woodpeckers get into the act too.

Check out this album: http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/562322564yEbaUS

Al Warfield