[va-richmond-general] Arctic National Wildlife Refuge calling Audubon

  • From: s.ridd@xxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:16:26 +0000

Come to Washington, D.C. and JOIN THOUSANDS OF CONCERNED CITIZENS ON CAPITOL
HILL! Don't let the Pro-drilling special interests in Washington, D.C. decide
the fate of one of America's most pristine natural treasures, the Arctic
National Wildlife Refuge!

WHAT:   Arctic Refuge Rally on Capitol Hill

WHEN:   Tuesday, September 20, 2005, 11:00am

WHO:   YOU! Concerned citizens who want to make sure the Arctic Refuge is
preserved for generations to come!

WHERE:   West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol, next to the National Mall

The Arctic National Wildlife Refuge has never been as close to being opened to
oil drilling as now ? we have ONE FINAL CHANCE to make sure this pristine
wilderness stays out of the hands of the special interests!

On September 20, 2005, concerned citizens just like you will come together in
Washington, D.C. on the steps the U.S. Capitol to make sure Congress protects
the Arctic Refuge.

We know it's a lot to ask of you. We wouldn't ask you to join us if it wasn't
absolutely necessary. We need YOU to come to Washington!

PLEASE COME to Washington and participate in the democratic process as only we
as Americans can do! FREE BUSES will be provided at easily accessible locations
near you. Expert guides will be on each bus to talk about what's at stake with
the Refuge and assist with logistics.

And it's FREE!

Sign up right here, at our special Audubon page devoted to helping advocates
like you come to Washington for this very special event! Once you've signed up,
you will find out all you need to know to be able to make a successful trip to
Washington, and let Congress know that you won't stand for opening the doors to
destructive oil drilling in a special place like the Arctic Refuge! For
additional information about Audubon's Arctic Open House on Sept. 20th, call
our Toll Free number: 1-800-659-2622!