[va-bird] Ovenbirds in Gloucester

  • From: Dave Hewitt <dhewitt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 08:27:54 -0400

Two OVENBIRDS were chanting from the woods down the road from our house this morning. We usually have three that set up territories within this 1/3 mile stretch of road.

WHITE-EYED VIREO was singing again this morning, so hopefully he'll stay around.

BLUEBIRDS took about 10 seconds to figure out the mealworms I put out this morning. They even responded to my whistle "call-in" that we used last year - must be the same pair. Now there's six hungry mouths to feed.

Dave Hewitt
Gloucester, VA