[v-webmail] Message List links not working in some browsers

  • From: "Adrian Lewis" <v-webmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: v-webmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 17:26:06 +0000

Hi all,

Just set up v-webmail and all looks great apart from one rather major thing -

When you use the Apple Safari Browser (based on KDE's Konqueror I believe) you
can't open any of your emails by using the links in the message list window!
Strangely enough, the status bar at the bottom shows the correct url that you
should go to when you click  on the link, and the cursor changes to recognise
that the link is a link and the other onmouseover stuff seems to work. I can
get the message open if I use a contextual menu to open the link in a new
window but do not see any of the 'special' contextual menu items.

Unfortunately I know very little about Javascript or php and so wouldn't
really know where to start looking. It's obviously a compatibility thing but I
haven't a clue how to go about resolving it.

Many of you will say that Safari is an obscure browser but MS have stopped
development of IE fro Mac and Safari is now shipped as the default browser for
Macs and Apple still hold quite a respectable market share although small.

Please help!

Is there somewhere I can start disabling some of the extra features that may
be causing the problem?

TIA,

Adrian Lewis