[ussgeorgetown] "What a Mess"

  • From: DrNellieCoyne@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussgeorgetown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 00:18:41 EDT

"What a Mess"
Lt. Viviana Lazzara-Henderson

âOh come on, Benny, you have to come.â Pleaded Ross for the tenth time as
he and his buddy made their way through the narrow passages of the lowest decks
 of the ship where only engineers dare to tread.

The fair haired young man walking a head of the redheaded Ross, sighed. âI
donât like those kinda parties, Mark.â

âYou donât like any kind of party.â Ross moaned. âCome on Benny you
gotta
get a life man!â

âI more then happy with the one I have thank you.â Benny replied as he
unlocked and opened the door to the antimatter storage pods.  âNow can we
please
find out whatâs blocking pod 2773-4.â

âFine, fine, fin....â Ross stopped his bitching suddenly as he stepped in
front of the pod.

Benny looked up at his friendâs sudden stillness. He noted the look on his
friendâs face, his own gazing drifting over to see what he was looking at.
âOh
 my stars.â

A maroon skinned body floated freely in the green gooy matter inside the
pod.

  **********

âWhat do we got?â Vivie asked as she ducked into the small crapped hallway.

The young petty officer handed her a padd. âTwo maintenance workers came
down to figure out why one of the pods was blocked. Turns out it was blocked
cause thereâs a body in it.â

Vivie  nodded as she looked over the padd. She then followed the petty
office into the pod chamber, and over to where the body was. Sighing in a way
only
she could as she looked at the body, Vivie pressed the tips of her fingers
to the corners of her eyes. âThat a Maritu delegate.â

The petty officer nodded. âScans say itâs the one names IIom.â

The one the young doctor got into a fight with, Vivie noted. âHave it sent
to the morgue so Doctor Michaels and Five can have a look at it.â

âYes Maâam.â

  **********

It had been a long day and Vivie couldnât wait to slip into a hot tube full
of scented bubbles. She started to peel her uniform off as soon as the doors
to  the hallway had closed behind her. Jacket, boots, turtle neck, she was just
 about to go for the clasp on her slacks when her name was called out over
the  comm.

âKepler to Lazzara. Lieutenant, youâd better come down to the visitors
lounge right away.â

Vivie groaned as began to pick up her uniform again. âOn my way.â She
replied.

She wasnât sure what she was going to find in the visitors lounge, but
something told Vivie that she wasnât going to like it. There were officers
out
side the doors and Vivie nodded to them as she passed. The scene inside made
her
groan. There were two bodies on the floor and one being put on an antigrav
stretcher.

âKepler.â

The dark haired man looked up from the body he was kneeling next to. âTwo
more Maritu, one dead, one with a faint pulse, one Kalari, dead.â

âWhat the hell is going on around here?â Vivie asked to no one in
particular.

âCouldnât tell, ya.â Kepler answered as he stood up.

Vivie looked around the room to see if anything caught her eye. âWas the
cause of death the same as the other two?â

Kepler shook his head. âNope, these two have flesh wounds.â

âSo we have three bodies with snapped necks, two with flesh wounds.â Vivie
repeated to herself. âAny ideas on time of death?â

âSometime during the blackout.â

Vivie frowned. âAt least we have that much. We wouldnât tell with the one
we found this morning.â Pausing to take a deep breath, Vivie added. âOk,
get
these to Five and let me know the moment we know anything about the one they
just took to sick bay. I need to go find TâLeara.â

âYou got it, Lieutenant.â

Vivie shook her head as she headed out of the lounge and towards the
security offices. This wasnât going to make the Chief happy, or any of the
higher
ups. Damn was this all a mess.