[ussgeorgetown] "If I Had a Hammer...." Lt. Cmdr. Sydney Morgan & Lt. Tawny King

  • From: LtCmdrSydMorgan@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussgeorgetown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 22:57:37 EDT

"If I Had a Hammer...."
Lt. Cmdr. Sydney Morgan & Lt. Tawny King

Syd was sitting at the tactical console, staring at it in a daze,  trying to
figure out what in the hell was wrong with it. She had run all the
diagnostics she could and it kept saying there was some stupid error. She was
really
getting frustrated, so she sent a work order to engineering and waited  for
someone to appear. That's all she needed was to have a faulty console when
Commander Henderson came on duty.

Tawny  exited main engineering shaking her head. She could already see it in
Von's  eyes, the way she was looking at the woman who'd just walked in with
the hand.  Maybe it would pass, she hoped. She'd really hate to see her hurt
again. With a  huge sigh, she entered the bridge and headed for the tactical
console. "Okay,"  she asked. "What's it doing this time?"

Syd looked up  from the console to see the engineer standing there. Syd was
taken with her  looks, her blonde hair and blue eyes, but shook it out of her
mind. "I  have run every diagnostic on the stupid thing and it just keeps
saying there is  an error. Personally, if I had a hammer I would just smash
it."
Syd was picking  up a strange sensation coming from this stunning woman but she
wasn't sure what  it meant.

 Tawny laughed easily at that. How many times had  she felt that way?
"Here," she prompted, nudging her slightly. "Slide over  let me take a peek."

Syd couldn't  believe how comfortable she felt with this person. "My name is
Sydney but most  people just call me Syd." She slid over to let her do her
work. There really  wasn't enough room on the chair for two, so when they
bumped
into each other Syd  felt something she hadn't felt in a while and she liked
it.

 Tawny looked up at her and smile. "Hey, Syd. Nice  to meet you. I'm
Tawny...T to my friends."

"Nice to meet  you, Tawny.  So what is wrong with this confounded machine? I
think I  am going to keep a hammer under the console just for cases like
this."

"Faulty chipset. See, with  this type of console, a reading in the low normal
range is about the same as a  fault reading. They can't function in that
range no matter what the manual  says." She replaced them quickly, then stood,
gesturing toward the console.  "Okay, try it now."

Syd  ran her fingers over the console running the diagnostic and amazingly it
came  out normal. She could sense Tawny watching her and she was beginning to
like it.  Some of her shyness was staring to break away. "Looks like you took
care of it.  If only everything else was so easy."

Tawny sighed,  nodding her agreement, though she continued smiling. "No
kidding. Don't we all?"

Looking at Tawny Syd got the feeling something wasn't right  or she wasn't
happy. "You don't sound so happy, something bothering you? Wanna  talk about
it?"

She looked at her and shrugged, embarrassed a bit a being so easily  read.
"Just...you know...relationship troubles. Or rather, lack of relationship
troubles," she laughed lightly, "Don't worry, it's nothing  serious."

"I can relate to that. I'm tired  of one night stands or games and such.
Besides you are much to lovely to be  having relationship problems. I am outta
here.  Now that the console is  fixed, we can get a drink and talk if you
want?"
I can't believe I just  said that a woman was lovely and to their face no
less, thought  Syd.

She looked at Syd wistfully, really wishing she could take her up on  her
offer. "I'd like to, but I have to go file my work reports first, and kick  Von
in the ass so she'll get hers filed." She looked at the woman next to her  and
was startled to find that she really did want to meet with her. "I could,
maybe, meet you in the lounge a bit later, though...if that offer is still open

then."

Syd  was starting to feel something, what she wasn't sure. Maybe she was
going to  have to see Lish, then again maybe not. "Sure, not a problem. It will
give me a  chance to clean up. Why don't you give me a call when you are ready?
I am a good  listener is nothing else." ~~God I hope she calls soon. I don't
know what is  going on but I definitely want to find out.~~

Tawny, smiled  brightly. "Okay. I'll call when we're done. See you later."
She almost tripped  over the step to the turbo lift on her way out, so busy was
she watching the  charming young woman at the newly repaired tactical console.
Blushing brightly,  she hurried off the bridge before she made an even bigger
idiot of herself.  "Nice, T." she said to herself in the lift. "real grace
under pressure." She  shook her head as she walked back toward engineering,
oddly unable to focus on  anything else besides the charming young woman she'd
just met.

Syd  watched as Tawny left the bridge and found herself actually looking
forward to  meeting with Tawny later. She left the bridge and returned to her
quarters and  found herself thinking of nothing but "T." She was as nervous as
Horta  sitting on a pile of Silicon.