[ussgeorgetown] "Comfort" Alex and Vivie lazzara-henderson

  • From: LtCmdrSydMorgan@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussgeorgetown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 01:04:44 EDT

"Comfort"
Alex and Vivie Lazzara-Henderson

 It seemed as if the day  would never end and that she would never be able to
let down her walls. Out of  all the people on the ship why did all of hell
have to come crashing down on  Josh's head? It was a question Vivie couldn't
get
out of her mind, and one in  which she had no answer.

Stepping off the turbo lift, Vivie headed for home in a  haze. She was tired
in to many ways to count. She tapped in the access code to  the door of her
quarters and then drug herself through the doorway.

The lights had been lowered and the room was lit with  candles. The table was
set with the best china and a fresh bouquet of flowers.  Dinner was in the
warmer waiting to be consumed. All that was needed was the  occupants of the
quarters. Alex had prepared everything as a surprise for Vivie.  She knew that
her spouse had been working on something that was difficult and  taking its
toll
on her and this was her way of hopefully making things a little  brighter in
an already dreary day. She was in the other room when she heard the  doors
open. "Vivie, is that you? Have a seat and I will be right  out."

he setting of the room was just to much for Vivie. Her  mind and heart
crashed from one extreme to the other. Pain over what she was  doing at work
and
love for her wife. The tears welled quickly in Vivie's eyes  and flowed like
small rivers down her cheeks as she started to shake.

Alex came out of the room and saw Vivie and immediately  ran to her side.
Putting her arms around her, Alex could feel Vivie shaking.  "Vivie, what's
wrong? Did something bad happen today? Talk to me." Alex held her  tight trying
steady her and lead her toward the couch, where they could sit  and she could
still hold her wife. She had never seen Vivie this upset before  and she was
worried.

"Just hold me." Vivie said softly as she curled herself  into Alex's embrace.

"I will hold you as long as you want me to. You know  that." Alex held Vivie
close to her resting her chin on Vivie's head. She could  still feel her
shaking but it wasn't nearly as bad as it had been. "Everything  is going to be
okay honey. I have you now. You are safe here." Alex was at a  loss for words
and
didn't know what else to do except keep on holding her as  long as it was
needed.

Vivie sat there and allowed the tears to come. She  could be like this out
there. She had to follow orders, react to the evidence,  do her job. In here
she
could just break down. After several more moment of just  crying, Vivie
finally started to calm down.

Alex started to wipe the tears away from Vivie's eyes  and pushed her hair
away from her face. "You don't have to say anything. Just  sit here and I will
hold you all night if that is what you need. I am here for  you and will do
whatever you need. I love you and will take care of you no  matter what." Alex
just continued to hold Vivie for as long as was  needed.

Closing her eyes again, Vivie just remained curled into  Alex's side with her
head resting on her wife's chest. She wasn't sure how long  she sat there.
She might have even fallen asleep. When she did finally pull away  from Alex
all
she could say was, "Thank you."

âYou don't have to Thank me for anything. I will hold  you as long as needed
or longer. When you are ready to talk about whatever is  bothering you I will
be here to listen, if that is what you want. Would you like  something to
drink? A glass of wine perhaps?"

Vivie nodded. A nice glass of wine sounded nice right  about now. "I can't
talk about on going investigations, you know  that."

Getting up Alex went to the dining area and poured two  glasses of red wine
and returned with them, handing one to Vivie and one for  herself. "I know you
can't talk about an on going investigation, I just wish  there was something I
could do to make it easier on you." Alex put her glass  down and got up and
proceeded to remove Vivie's boots and stared to massage her  tired worn out
feet.

After taking a sip of the wine, Vivie threw her head  back and rested it
against the back of the couch. "You can't make it easier,  babe. Thank you for
the
thought though." Vivie moaned a little as Alex rubbed  her feet. "God that
feels good."

Alex slowly and gently massaged each foot and then  gently moved up and
massaged each calf muscle. If she couldn't help with the  investigation she
could
at least help her wife to relax some. As she got done  with one leg she moved
onto the other leg taking her time to let all the muscles  relax. It wasn't
much but it was the least she could do.

When she was finally relaxed, Vivie could smell  something familiar in the
air and it made her smile. "You cooked  dinner?"

"Oh that, yes I tried. It may not be like your Mother's  but it was the best
I could do. Feel like moving to the table or shall I serve  you here?"

Vivie was tempted to give in to her bratty side and  have Alex wait on her,
but she opted not to take advantage. Slowly she rose from  the couch, slipping
her uniform jacket off and pealing away her turtle neck,  leaving only her
undershirt which was tucked into her slacks. She tossed both  pieces of
clothing
to the floor and then made her way to the table. "I just  realized how hungry
I am. I think I worked through lunch." Vivie frowned. "I  can't remember."

Alex went into the kitchen area and prepared Vivie's  plate. She placed a
lobster with butter, a roll and all the fixin's and placed  it in front of her.
"Now you have to remember I am not the best of cooks so it  may not taste like
Bobbie's or Baileyâs but I tried. Hope you like  it?"

"I'm sure it's lovely, babe. Sit down and join me."  Vivie replied as she
began to eat. Comfort food was just what she  needed.

Alex fixed her own plate and sat down and watched Vivie  eat. She hardly
touched her own dinner she was too engrossed in watching her  wife. She could
never get enough of her no matter how hard she tried. She just  realized that
she
had really missed her these past few days. So watching her was  something to
enjoy and savor.

Vivie stopped eating when she realized she was being  watched. "What? Do I
have butter on my chin?" She wiped at her chin just in  case.

"No silly. I just like looking at you. That's all. I  don't get to see you
enough that when I do I have to savor every moment. Is that  a crime?"

"Let's not talk about crimes." Vivie replied with a  small frown. "I'm sorry
I haven't been home much."

"Its not you fault, youâve just been doing your job and  you are good at it.
I am so proud of you. I just miss you that's all. So when we  are together I
want to soak in as much of you as possible. I understand you are  a busy
person. Right now there isn't a great deal for me to do except work on  'thing'
for
all the fun that is, of course I can think of other ways of working  on thing
and your attire is not helping matters at the moment  either."

Vivie blinked. She looked down at the  some-shade-of-blue tee shirt and then
back up at Alex. "I'm in uniform. How's  that not helping?"

"Vivie you are in a tee shirt that doesn't hide much,  use your imagination,
or has it been that long?'

Putting her fork down, Vivie smiled. "Ya know now that  I think about it I
might just need a refresher."

"Well, I can certainly take care of that." Alex stood  up and moved over to
Vivie's chair, pulled it out and picked her up and carried  her into the
bedroom closing the door behind them. The refresher course was just  about to
begin.