<USS Eagle> "Romulan Revelations"

  • From: Lukas <captfyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 20:45:32 -0500

SNIP:

"Omigod," April said quietly.  "this can't wait, Rohnok."  She immediately rose and went to her desk.  She tapped the comm butting.  "Lt. Sweeney.  Get me a priority one comm link with Admiral Archer."

ON:

+Admiral, there's an incoming priority one message for you from Commodore April Styles-Fyrstk.+

Jack Archer sat forward at the mention of the message.  It wasn't often that he and April spoke, so if she was calling him now, it must be important.  +Pipe it through Sarah.+

April's image appeared on his screen.  She had repositioned her monitor/transmitter, so Archer could see who her guest was.  +Admiral.  I am sorry to bother you, but Enriov Rohnok has traveled here and delivered me some shocking images. I thought it prudent you see these images right away.+  She hadn't bothered with any introductions.  She assumed Command already knew of the admiral's visit, due to the escort by the two In
trepids in parked orbit with the Bloodwing.

Jack smiled at her.  +Nice to see you too April.  It's no bother at all.  I must admit to some curiosity to Enriov Rohnok's visit as it was all arranged rather hush-hush.  I only cut the orders this morning allowing him safe passage.  I appreciate you calling me to give me an update as his original message requesting transit through our space stated it was of the utmost importance and dealt with an issue that was a threat to both our Federation and his Empire.  I can think of several issues that could be involved at this time......and hope I'm wrong about all of them.  So, by all means, let me see this transmission.+

April nodded and transmitted the log recordings, from the Scimitar-class Bloodwing, which was apparently no longer.  She and Rohnok sat quietly as Archer viewed the footage.

Jack swore as he watched the transmission.  +Bloody Hell!!!!  I guess our reprieve from the T'Kil was short-lived after the battle Lukas and Brian Culkin fought with them.  In retrospect, I think we were all fooling ourselves, much in the same manner we fooled ourselves with the Borg.  We hoped it was over when all we'd done is given ourselves a little breathing room.+

Archer replayed the images again.  +If a Scimitar-class vessel is such cannon fodder for them, we're in big trouble.+  One thing about the visuals disturbed him.  +I see that class still has its Thalaron generator intact.  I find that troubling Commodore, especially after the Shinzon incident.  I was under the impression that particular piece of technology wasn't going to be deployed again.  I'll have to forward this bit of news to the Federation Council of course.  However, that will be secondary to the rest of this transmission.  We have a problem.  A big one.+

April looked over at Rohnok.  He has an obvious embarrassed look, and she guessed it had to do with the Thalaron Generator.  Rohnok had known leaving the dangerous weapon on that ship would be a bad idea, but the higher-ups would not listen to him.  Just as he was not authorized to divulge the Galae's testing of a slipstream drive of their own.

+Admiral,+ Rohnok said, somewhat quietly, +I will apologize for the continuance of that weapon in that class warbird.  I am glad to see we can agree the threat before us is bigger than either of our governments' respective differences.  It is why I fought to come here and share these images with you.  I assure you, this is not an easy thing for the Empire, to trust, like this. +

Archer leaned back in his chair, studying the face of the Romulan who had risked much to be here.  +No, and it isn't easy for me Enriov.  At this moment, I have your representative to the Federation.  While I believe the T'Kil threat is the most important issue both our governments face, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they'll focus on the Thalaron Generator.+

Jack srhugged.  +Call it a hunch, born from previous experience with the 'higher ups'.  Only thing is, now I'm one of them.  I need to have something to give them as a sign of good faith Enriov......something to have as an Ace up my sleeve so we can move forward together to see that neither of our races becomes extinct.  Any ideas??+

+I think, that seeing as our dirty little secret is out, Admiral, we should be able to do something here.+ Rohnok looked over to April, then back to the monitor.  +I had informed my superiors this very issue might come up.  They are prepared to adding a addendum to the Treaty of Algeron, allowing use of cloaking devices by your ships during this time of crisis, though we do know there are some "Sections" whom have seemed to ignore the Treaty anyway.+

Archer smiled.  +We all seem to have our 'dirty little secrets' Enriov, I'll grant you that.  But thankyou.  This will go a long way towards easing the fears of the Federation Council as to your intentions.+

+Admiral,+ April said,  +Have you heard from the Eagle?  They haven't received any of my communications, nor my son's.+

Archer shook his head.  +No, and she's overdue at her last port-of-call.  I have the Yorktown, the Sutherland and the Bellerophon heading to that area to begin an official seach.+

His voice softened a bit.  +I'm sorry April.  I wish I had more news.  I'll make sure Captain Dodge of the Yorktown keeps you posted.

As professional as she wanted to remain, April could not keep the new look of worry from her face. +Thatnk you, Admiral.  I can't ask much more.  Starbase out+  With those words, the face of Jackson Archer was replaced by the Federation of Planets insignia.

OFF
(Special thanks to Captain Hunter, of the Sliders sim, for his assistance in this log.)