<USS Eagle> "Alternate Fill-In"

  • From: Lukas <captfyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 12:18:35 -0500

ON

When Lukas entered Admital Picards's office, on the starbase, he was surprised to see the office already ctowded with captains from the other ships.  Some of them he recognized, including, Will Riker, Data, and his alternate counterpart.  When he thought about it, a little more, it wasn't so sutprising.

"Commodore," Admiral Picard said.  "Thank you for coming over.  Make yourself comfortable and we'll get started."

Lukas looked around and found an empty sear next to his `counterpart from this universe.  There were a coiple ccomments about one Lukas being bad enough, but Lukas knew it was just chatter to ease the tension they were all feeling.  Picard let the chatter go on for just a few more minutes before calling the gathering to order.

"I wanted everyone here," he started, "To learn from a first-hand source about the species which we saw take out a majority of the Dominion force.  Commodore.  Would you care to fill the group in?  All the data you sent me is already called up on the viewer."

"Of course, Admiral," Lukas said.  He stood, and touched a control on the nearby table.  THe T'Kil ship, appeared, then an image of the large red, horned beings, known as the T'Kil appeared.  "Gentle beings.  This is the T'Kil.  Possibly the greatest threat to the Alpha Quadrant,.... no.  Known space, we have yet to encounter."  He then went into a detailed explanation of the T'Kil saga so far.  Going from their first simulted encounter, to their exploration of the Wasiiri world, to the simulation witht he Romulan warbirds, and finally the final, or what they hoped was the final battle.  He even included, with some pained pauses, the encounter with the alternate furure versions of his twin sons, whom had sacrificed their lives to warn him about the T'Kil threat.  He explained about the USS Athena, finding the Elder Base, and the possible liknk to the T'Kil.  He concluded his briefing with, "Seeing that ship, out there, yesterday, was like reliving a bad nahghtmare.  That is also whah Ah feel it imperative Ah get back to mah own universe."

"Tell us more about this Elder race," the alternate universe version of Lukas inquited.

"The Elders, also referreed to in text as the Masters," Lukas said, "are, or were, a very powerful race.  The Athena stumbles across one of their bases."  He explained their exploration of the base and how it is believed they are the only beings strong enough to hold an answer to the T'Kil.

"Maybe it's not as useful as you would think," came a voice Lukas recognized.  He sought out the source and saw Captain Stryker sitting there looking every bit as smug as does on Starbase 325. "I mean, they are extict, and the T'Kil, obviously, are still around."

"That may very well be, Captain," chimed in Admiral Picard, "but our counterparts in the other universe are correct in seeking out as much information as possible.  If they did fall to the T'Kil, maybe information can be gained as to why, and new answers can be found."

"Admiral," came another familiar voice.  Standing at the back od the office was Lukas's former commanding officer, now a vice admiral, William Bacon.  "If I may, we just witnessed a real possibility fot our own universe, here.  A majority of the Dominion fleet was just wiped out by that ship.  I think we have a perfect chance to take advantage of that."

"I agree, Bill," Picard said.  "Ad you and I have spoke about this, previously, I have sent the Dauntless to the Bajoran system to make an assessment of the Dominion strength.  I have also sent a message to our contacts in the Cardassian underground to assess any forces on Cardassia Prime."

Lukas listened to the talk that now went back and forth.  There was a new spark of life in these captains.  The possibility of re-taking the Alpha Quadrant or at least part of it (because the Borg still occupied a large portion), was hope renewed.  He almost wished he could help them, but knew his priority was getting back to his own universe.  Back to his own family, and back to warn his own Starfleet.

OFF