[usf-devel] Re: [matroska-devel] matroska & text subtitles

  • From: Christian HJ Wiesner <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: matroska-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, toba@xxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 13:54:00 +0200

Hi tonek,

thanks for using matroska ! Please direct requests like this to the

matroska-user@freelists dot org

mailing list, it was created specifically for this purpose. My apologies
that we havent updated our website yet, this new ML is not mentioned
there anywhere, just letting you know for future requests.

I assume you have tried to add SRT subtitles into matroska using
VirtualdubMod ? If so, please download 'VobSub' from www.doom9.org (
download section ) and install it on your PC. This will install the
famous 'dvobsub' subtitle directshow filter also on your PC, and this is
necessary to display matroska subs. Now goto 'start' 'program files'
'vobsub' 'dvobsub configuration' and find the switch to set dvobsub to
'always load automatically' .... now you should be able to view your
subs from any DirectShow based player such as TCMP ( Core media Player,
http://corecoded.com  ), BSplayer, WMP 6.4, Zoomplayer, MPC, etc ...

Please note that currently the Fonts will not be correct if you were
using a foreign lannguage character set such as Czech, as our Dshow
output pin will always handle subs like they were ASCII subs, and we
havent defined a way yet to tell DvobSub that UTF8 was used ( VdubMod
will always use UTF8 on muxing ). We are working on this issue together
with Gabest, the well known author of VobSub, and the USF development
team, and hope to be able to resolve it soon.

Best regards

Christian

http://usf.corecodec.org