[usf-devel] Re: Problems with matroska parser filter output pin : its unableto call dvobsub

  • From: Christophe PARIS <christophe.paris@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usf-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 16:49:25 +0200

Hi,

I think that DVobsub has by default a lower priority than the Internal
Script Command Renderer filter (from Microsoft) for stream coming from
unknown splitter like the matroska one.

In my opinion the best way to resolve the problem would be to use a new
subtitle MEDIATYPE (or SUBTYPE maybe). It will also make possible to
distingish subtitles format.

We must also define a way to inform dvobsub of the language used or if a
subtitle stream must always be displayed (like closed caption).

With the flexibility of matroska we need to re-think how subtitles are
handled :)

Best regards,
Toff

http://usf.corecodec.org