[Umpqua Birds] Re: Hairy woodpecker

  • From: Matthew G Hunter <matthewghunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 17:01:54 -0800

I don't have the 1997 version. The blue fold-up one I have appears to be
from 2008. If anyone doesn't have one, I would recommend getting one, as it
lists all bird species known to have occurred in Douglas County up to the
point of publication, has little boxes for checking if interested, and has
abundance ratings for each of four seasons, which gives you a general/rough
idea of their presence during those four seasons.  It also identifies which
species are known to nest in the county. It also has some nice artwork.
"Field Checklist of the Birds of Douglas County." You can get one of these
by emailing info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, or come to one of the Umpqua Valley
Audubon programs (see events at www.umpquaaudubon.org)..... so long as they
still have some....

I am a few days away from finishing a "similar but different" publication
(it will be a two-page flyer type thing), that will show about 200 of the
most regularly occurring species in central Douglas County and the seasonal
timing and abundance of each. I think it is a very interesting presentation
of information, and I'll let you all know when it is available. You will be
able to download it from the web, and pick it up from Audubon events, etc.
Additional two-pagers will be available for the Cascades and Coast in
subsequent months.

Bird On,
:-)
Matt Hunter