[Umpqua Birds] Fwd: Turkey vulture

  • From: Matthew G Hunter <matthewghunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 09:22:03 -0800

Tamara is having trouble posting to Umpqua Birds, so I'm forwarding for
her. This is from yesterday, January 6.  She is located near (just east of)
the Callahans, which seems to me to be a popular route/area for
raptor/vulture movements. One of our local winterers? Early migrant? It
didn't say. When Lisa and kids and I went south a couple weeks ago, there
were hundreds and hundreds of Turkey Vultures in the northern Sacramento
Valley.
:-)

Matt