[Umpqua Birds] Re: First Bird of the Year

  • From: Tori Morgan <toripony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2016 14:29:27 -0800

My first bird upon opening my eyes this morning was our resident (this year) Wild Turkey looking in my window. What a sight to wake up to, huh? lol She's been gone for 2 straight days (unlike her) so I was actually glad to see her alive and hungry (she was cleaning up spilled seed but was wanting me to bring out peanuts).

Coincidentally, my last bird of 2015 was also a GB Heron, sleeping in the farm pond just down the road at dusk yesterday. Pamela, your yard sounds just like mine with the addition of CB Chickadees.

Tori M.
Cottage Grove

On 1/1/2016 11:25 AM, Pamela Moore (Redacted sender pomnjohn for DMARC) wrote:

Just the usual yard birds here south of Winston; Towhees, Juncos, Varied Thrush, Song Sparrows and the ever present Stellar's Jays. My last bird of 2015 was a Great Blue Heron. That was pretty cool. Pam

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 1, 2016, at 11:17 AM, James Billstine <billstinj@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:billstinj@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

My first bird of the new year was a Common Raven soaring over the freeway this morning. What were some other firat birds of the new year this morning?

To send a message to the list: address email to umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Account management and archives: www.umpquabirds.org/emaillist.htm
Info on birds in Douglas County: www.umpquabirds.org