[Umpqua Birds] Eagles Getting Cozy

  • From: Matthew G Hunter <matthewghunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 11:12:29 -0800

Hearing a Peregrine Falcon screaming/cackling near the Callahans recently,
while working up that direction, reminded me, ... I wanted to mention...
On Monday the 5th, while zipping around various places, I saw, both at
Ford's Pond (up on top of tree on hill to NW) and at Plat I Reservoir (in
central snag patch), pairs of Bald Eagles... sitting side by side; one a
little bigger, one a little smaller. At Ford's Pond they were whistling
away about every 30 seconds or so.  It's that time of year again.

Matt